[PD] GF/OSX _ newbie question

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 30 17:26:49 CEST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Christian Klotz wrote:

> I tried to install gridflow on os x together with puredata. So I
> installed the ruby packages. But the gridflow configure stops because
> of cant finding header files for ruby. Do I have to set any flag?
> Maybe there is an os x installer available anywhere?

AFAIK it's because of a bug in Apple's installer. When I told it to
reinstall what it just had installed, it told me that there were 22 more
megs of stuff.

But then when you actually get those headers, you will hit another wall.
It's not possible to make a Ruby plugin to a non-Ruby app using the Ruby
bundled with Apple, because it's missing _both_ "libruby.dylib" and
"libruby.a".

Can you confirm this?

Then you either recompile Ruby with "./configure --enable-shared" or maybe
there is a more complete one in Fink, I haven't checked yet.

Keep me aware of your subsequent problems (or even of your successes)