[PD] touch screen external

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 30 23:42:16 CEST 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, noskule wrote:

>  . .dos anyone now about a external witch can handle elotouch data .
> .means kordinates and presure. . .?

Hi. If you configure elotouch as a mouse emulation, and then have a
GridFlow window (possibly fullscreen), then it's easy to pick up the mouse
coordinates. We used GridFlow with jMax 2.5 for that, but the same can be
done with PureData.

Connecting a [@out window] to a [route position] will produce lists in
which $1 is the Y, $2 is the X, and $3 is the "buttonstate" (whatever that
means with your touchscreen)

However I guess the pressure sensor is another thing. I have not gotten it
to that point, because we didn't really need that feature for that
project. I don't know whether the touchscreen I used really supports it.