[PD] [resume] Spatialisation tools for pd ?

Jean-Jacques jj at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 1 00:40:32 CEST 2003

Hello,

As my message was a spark for very interesting resources i thought it
would be a good idea to resume the messages linked to this subject.

Derek wrote that i could "have a look at the vbap and reverberated vbap
external and patches:
http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/vbap/vbap.html "
Vbap is based upon Vector based amplitude panning, thid tool is very
usefull as you can use it ton control other reverbs or delays...

A synergy between vbap and other components:

"of course, even if the reverb is not integral, it is not too difficult
to use it with freeverb~ or multiverb~
as for the GUI, couldn't you simply use Yves' Grid object to send XY
coordinates? these could then be remapped from cartesian to polar
coordinates, giving you a radius and a distance. i use a similar method
with a spatialization patch i worked on with Thomas Musil, controlling
it either from a Kaos pad or from Grid. "

I'm sure that you can imagine now all the amazing patches you can do !

Something else for spatialisation ?

Scott announced that when his boss will be agree "i've written some and
i think we'll release them but it's up to when my
boss wants to do it. i'll keep you posted,"

Hope to hear from you soon scott !

SOme of you are working very hard for making available spatialisatino
tools !

"Funny that this thread should come up now because I've been working on
a GoP placement system for RVBAP and was going to release it for testing
today.

So all y'all can get it at
http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/files/downloads/GoP_RVBAP.zip "
David McCallum

Normally it should also run under Linux ! (good news)

I just wanted to say thank for your work, thanks to guys like you PD
will get more and more powerfull ! more and more used....

All the best

Jean Jacques
http://tecfa.unige.ch/perso/staf/duclaux/blog/