[PD] Pd MacOSX can't open files

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Oct 2 18:28:33 CEST 2003

To use GEM or PDP, you need to install some extra libs:

glut
glut-shlibs
gsl-shlibs
libpng-shlibs
libpng3
libpng3-shlibs
libquicktime0-shlibs
libmpeg
libmpeg-shlibs
ffmpeg

The easiest way to do this is to have Fink (http://fink.sf.net )
installed and run this command (all on one line):

sudo apt-get install glut glut-shlibs gsl-shlibs libpng-shlibs libpng3
libpng3-shlibs libquicktime0-
shlibs libmpeg libmpeg-shlibs ffmpeg

if any of those packages fail, you can try:

sudo fink install PACKAGE_NAME

Replacing PACKAGE_NAME with the name of the failed package.

.hc

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 11:56 America/New_York, Enrique Franco
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded your pd installer and PD works fine. I want to get
> gem working but when I try to open Pd with:
>
> /usr/local/bin/pd -rt  -lib gem
>
> ..Pd shuts down and I get this:
>
> dyld: /usr/local/bin/pd Undefined symbols:
> _ceilf
> _drand48
> _floorf
> _fmodf
> _glBindVertexArrayAPPLE

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                     -William Carlos Williams