[PD] dynamic-named arrays

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Oct 3 00:51:28 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> > This is a common misunderstanding: argument passing *does not work*
> > for subpatches ("pd something"), it only works for abstractions
>
> it's true but it would be a great feature to have that.

But an uncompatible one! And I'm not sure if it actually would be
great. I do rely on this very often and on the character of a [pd
subpatch], that it is just a curtain to hide things from view, but
that it has no semantic meaning at all.

I like having the arguments of the surrounding abstraction available
inside the subpatch without further work. Also it is important to be
able to $0-send through subpatch borders, but not through
abstraction-borders. I see a subpatch as a full part of the patch that
just isn't visible (or is, through GOP!)

ciao