[PD] MIDI rt / clock questions and fixes

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Fri Oct 3 02:43:32 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 22:08, Toshinori Ohkouchi wrote:
> Once upon a time I made thats two object for my live performance.
> But at that time midiclikin did not work well cause of jitter.
> And keep compatibility with MAX on Macintosh,
> They were voided.
>
> I dont have Linux so it was NT only.
>
> Sorry my strange English.

Ahh. I understand then that you put in the error message only because Windows
NT was the only OS you were able to test on?

Well, with the one fix I mentioned, midirealtimein works just fine on Linux,

If you don't mind, I have some questions:

You were doing some kind of timing stuff in the midi clock object code. What
was that for? Also, do you think that we should put that object back in
action? And if so, do you think we should stop sending the clock to the midi
realtime object, if the seperate MIDI clock object is working?

Your English is very understandable and probably more carefull than mine!

Larry