[PD] 0.37 and linux/jack ("official" and CVS)

Luke Yelavich luke at audioslack.com
Fri Oct 3 15:36:38 CEST 2003

At 11:26 PM 3/10/2003, guenter geiger wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am going to check whats going on and commit the changes ASAP.
>
>Thanks a lot for your observations.
>
>Guenter

Guenter

I was able to reproduce this, but found out that if the audio is not turned
on as soon as the patch loads, there is no problem. I think what is
happening is the loadbang is being executed before the GUI is fully drawn.
Since JACK is of a real-time nature, the JACK client is created, but since
the GUI is also not fully drawn, PD has taken too long in the JACK period
cycle.

I.E the loadbang execution needs to happen after the GUI is drawn.

Hope this helps

Luke

Luke Yelavich
AudioSlack Founder and main package maintainer
Audio software packaged for the Slackware Linux Distribution
http://www.audioslack.com
luke at audioslack.com