[PD] MIDI rt / clock questions and fixes

Toshinori Ohkouchi ohk at d1.dion.ne.jp
Fri Oct 3 16:25:38 CEST 2003

>NT was the only OS you were able to test on?

yes.

>Well, with the one fix I mentioned, midirealtimein works just fine on Linux,
>
>If you don't mind, I have some questions:
>
>You were doing some kind of timing stuff in the midi clock object code. What
>was that for? Also, do you think that we should put that object back in
>action? And if so, do you think we should stop sending the clock to the midi
>realtime object, if the seperate MIDI clock object is working?

Usualy we should receive MIDI CLOCK(0xF8) at [midirealtimin]
but when we need 0xF8, we will need critical timing.
so I thought it is more better separate 0xF8 and other [MIDI realtime message]
at source code level than at pd patch level.
midi Sequence START and STOP does not need critical timing.
and few years ago PC spec was still poor.

I made them and I offer it to Mr.Miller at that time.
But keep to compatibility with MAX , It did not implement.
I think we need to consult it with Mr.Miller

Toshinori Ohkouchi
ohk at d1.dion.ne.jp