[PD] dynamic-named arrays

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Fri Oct 3 16:52:41 CEST 2003

Hi Ben,

> I don't think it would be a bad thing to have arguments in a subpatch, but
> I can see little reason why you would do this rather than using an
> abstraction. (other than being able to stick everything in one file, but
> if you are writing a subpatch that needs to tune itself to the
> circumstances than why not make it abstract enough to be used in other
> patches?

i program quite a lot (either with programming languages and patcher-like
systems) and it's my experience that one often needs to do quick and dirty
things instead of taking the time to design a reusable module.
I find my project folders cluttered with abstractions that i just needed to
encapsule a part of a patch - i think i'm more a supporter of
self-consistency.
I don't say that there is a real necessity for subpatcher arguments but it's
probably another level of flexibility.

good gain,
Thomas