[PD] jackd + pd, once again

Luke Yelavich luke at audioslack.com
Mon Oct 6 08:06:30 CEST 2003

At 03:13 PM 6/10/2003, eric falconnier wrote:
>My question is about the number of in/out channels. I would like to know
>if it is possible to run pd with more in/out channels than the number of
>in/out channels of the audio device, in order to connect other tools to
>pd with jack.

Yes this is possible. All you have to do is go to the audio settings
dialog, and set the number of inputs and outputs you want. Then, in order
to get the appropriate ports to become available, you have to turn audio
on, as the JACK code only creates the ports when the audio is running. You
are then free to connect your other tools to PD.

Note that as soon as the audio is turned off, these connections are lost.

hth

Regards
Luke

Luke Yelavich
AudioSlack Founder and main package maintainer
Audio software packaged for the Slackware Linux Distribution
http://www.audioslack.com
luke at audioslack.com