[PD] latent period

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 9 15:52:16 CEST 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Michael Gschiel wrote:

> Has anybody experiences with the latent period in PD.
> Are there any problems with the latentperiod (worst case) known, if
> you put the audio and videosignal together?

I'd recommend that you start pd twice, and have audio-only patches in one
pd, that communicate with video-only patches in another pd. I say that
because not only video is likely to be heavier, but also it has more slack
wrt latency requirements.

May depend a bit on whether you are using GEM, PDP, GridFlow, or
Framestein.