[PD] Collision detection

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Wed Oct 15 10:30:41 CEST 2003

hi,

I hope you don't mind that I reply to the list again, because both,
subpatches and trigger could be interesting themes for other newbies...

trigger: In Pd you have the problem that with for example the [+]-object
only one inlet is hot (triggers the object). that means you can send any
number of floats into the right inlet, but no result will be sent to the
outlet. only if you send a message to the left inlet, the object is
triggered. the same is with the logical operators. So you need to be sure
that a message is is always sent to the right inlet before the left. And
there you need the trigger object. It fires its outlets from right to left.
[t b f] means "send the float and then send a bang".

to create a subpatch just type "pd" followed by a name of your choice, like
[pd collision]. then a new window pops up and with cut and paste you can
place objects there, and also work there like in every patch window. it is
like an extension to the parent window.

marius.