[PD] New user question: How to create simple audio delay?

Benjamin Freidlin benjamin at allthecraze.com
Wed Oct 15 16:01:34 CEST 2003

Ah, that must be it. Sorry I'm very green at this. I think my sound card was set to Line In *and* I had not swapped the [osc~] to [adc~]. I think I better RTFM because I have no idea what an adc is. Thanks everyone for getting me this far though!

From: "matthew jones" <M.Jones at signal.qinetiq.com>
Date:  Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:46:43 +0100

> on top of the line in audio
erm, you shouldn't be hearing any 'line in audio' at all until you have
swapped the [osc~] object for an [adc~] object as suggested.  maybe you're
soundcard options are configured to output the line in directly?  if you
don't change this option you'll hear a strange delay or filtered effect on
the radio.
either change the configuration of the software that comes with the
soundcard, or on windows (?) double click the speaker icon in the task bar
and turn down the OUTPUT line in level (not the INPUT line level!).

matt

http://www.loopit.org/