[PD] .pdrc [os x pd 0.37 installer]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Oct 17 19:25:28 CEST 2003

On Thursday, Oct 16, 2003, at 19:57 America/New_York, __|||a||kdg wrote:

> with the .pdrc in place, Gem is succesfully loading!,
> but now i have this GUI problem:
>
> [nmp:~] ad% /Applications/Pd.command; exit
> reading startup file: /Users/ad/.pdrc
>
> GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
> GEM: ver: 0.87+cvs
> GEM: compiled: Aug  6 2003
> GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
> GEM: Authors :  Mark Danks (original version on irix/windows)
> GEM:            Chris Clepper (macOS-X)
> GEM:            Daniel Heckenberg (windows)
> GEM:            Guenter Geiger (linux)
> GEM:            James Tittle (macOS-X)
> GEM:            IOhannes m zmoelnig (linux/windows)
> dyld: /usr/local/bin/pd can't open library: /sw/lib/libgsl.0.dylib (No
> such file or directory, errno = 2)
> pd_gui: pd process exited
> /Applications/Pd.command: line 3:   446 Trace/BPT trap
> /usr/local/bin/pd -rt
> [Process completed]
>

> i have done the Fink installs suggested, its set to look also for
> unstable stuff..but i still dont get this one:
>
> [nmpr:/users/ad] ad# fink install gsl-shlibs
> Information about 1277 packages read in 7 seconds.
>
> Failed: no package found for specification 'gsl-shlibs'!
>
> any clue. greatly appreciated/
> i have un/ and re/ installed pd 0.37 with os x installer with no
> succes.

Yeah, I had that same problem with fink, but now I can't remember how I
got gsl-shlibs to install.  I think you have to set fink to update from
the CVS (I think "fink selfupdate-cvs" will do it).  That package is
definitely installed on my computer:

root at sla:~>dpkg -l 'gsl*'

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name             Version          Description
ii  gsl              1.3-1            Routines for numerical computing
ii  gsl-shlibs       1.3-1            Routines for numerical computing

But if you just want to get Pd running without PDP, you can remove
"-lib pdp" from the .pdrc and it will start without gsl-shlibs.  Only
PDP needs that lib.

____

deliberately throwing it away
to benefit those who profit from scarcity."
							-John Gilmore