[PD] separate audio devices

Johannes Kreidler jkreidler at gmx.de
Mon Oct 20 08:52:20 CEST 2003

hi list,
sorry for newbie-stuff; i've got some trouble getting all channels of my edirol da-2496 -interface startet with pd on Win 2k.

"pd -listdev" shows:

[MIDI]
"audio input device #1: Edirol DA-PCI Multichannel
audio input device #2: Edirol DA-PCI 1/2
audio input device #3: Edirol DA-PCI 5/6
audio input device #4: Edirol DA-PCI 5/6
audio input device #5: Edirol DA-PCI 7/8
audio input device #6: Edirol DA-PCI Mon. Mixer
audio output device #1: Edirol DA-PCI Multichannel
audio output device #2: Edirol DA-PCI 1/2
audio output device #3: Edirol DA-PCI 3/4
audio output device #4: Edirol DA-PCI 5/6
audio output device #5: Edirol DA-PCI 7/8"

and when starting e.g. with "pd -audiodev 3,2" it is said:

"separate audio device choice not supported; using sequential devices."

and there are always 2 in and out channels only.

by typing "pd -channels [2+n]" or anything with a comma (e.g. "2,1"), i get:

"waveInOpen: Dieses Format wird nicht unterstuetzt oder kann nicht uebersetzt werden. Benutzen Sie die Funktion 'Capabilities', um die unterstützten Formate zu ermitteln."

if anybody could help me it would be very appreciated, cause i need 4 output-channels in my next performance in november.

thnx, johannes kreidler