[PD] three rectangular, integrated pd logos

X. J. Scott xjscott at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 21 01:07:37 CEST 2003

Hi all,

OK, I have a design that I really think is fantastic and
you're going to love. I came up with something that embodies
the principles I stated before, but also combines them with
the inspiration of others who have come up with icons from
the program itself, as well as giving an extremely high-tech,
yet artistic flavor.

Three color sets:

1) Green-olive/Khaki - pd_logo_xjs_yyobj_gk.gif
2) Brick/Adobe       - pd_logo_xjs_yyobj_ba.gif
3) Hangkul           - pd_logo_xjs_yyobj_hg.gif

[\/] The logo spells out the two letters Pd, placing them
     within an icon readily recognizable to Pd afficianados.
 Simplicity itself, it is a reduction into the fundamentals.
 The letters themselves are as pure unadorned data, sans-serif,
 and yet stylistic and suggesting there is deepness to be
 explored and discovered.

[\/] Eastern influenced motif reflects on the harmony/disharmony
     possible from pd as well as the universality of possibilities
 --  pd is elemental enough to be a building block for anything
 and as such represents everything.

[\a/] Camoflauge color set gives a sense of utility and functionality, with
      adventurousness and a bit of artistry thrown in. Camoflauge also
  hints at the chameloan nature of pd which can be used to make
  anything you like while blending in.

[\a/] Brick/adobe color set suggest energy and yet suggests
      architecture, house building, and a do-it-yourself
  spirit, coupled with a southwestern flavor.

[\a/] Hangkul color scheme fuses ancient principles of waves and
      sound embodied as mysticism through community, with the
  futuristic and practical.

- Jeff

(all designs by X. J. Scott)