[PD] Using Externals in PD

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Oct 21 05:42:32 CEST 2003

On Monday, Oct 20, 2003, at 20:53 America/New_York, miso soup wrote:

> when i installed the 0.37 osX test10 (using hans auto installer)
> i really enjoyed (great work everyone)
> mainly because the new 'Media' menu allows me to use an external audio
> input like edirol UA-3 (impossible before)

> BUT
> i can't use anymore some objects like shoutcast~  8(
>
> should i recompile some externals or do i have to complain to the
> external author  8)

Have you tried a newer installer?  The one up on pure-data.org is based
on the release version of Pd, 0.37-0.  [shoutcast~] isn't part of the
installer because its not in CVS.  Which version of [shoutcast~] are
you using?  My guess is that it hasn't been ported to 0.37 yet, since
there were a few signifigant changes.

.hc