[PD] newbie MIDI control questions

spiffy schmoo moogspow at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 07:45:59 CEST 2003

Hello! I'm new to pd and the mailing list. Just downloaded pd last week and had the chance to get into it tonight for about an hour or so. The attached file is what I came up with so far. It is an attempt to send MIDI notes and control messages to a softsynth (running in Buzz). It works, but I am sure that what I am trying to do could be done in a much better way. Basically, the thing is trying to use a sine wave to control the filter cutoff parameter...like an LFO sort of. I would be grateful if anyone could have a look at it and (without laughing) tell me what improvements should be made. Am I using the arrays and tabwrite/tabread correctly? Obviously, the way I am stepping through the indexes in the array is just stupid... any pointers you may have would be most welcome.
thanks,
spiffy