[PD] vstserver - k_vst - cubase VST

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Oct 22 14:38:32 CEST 2003

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

>Do you know if the author of that tutorial has managed to solve the
>problems he had when upgrading to redhat 9? ;)
>I'm curious about what was the problem, as I get quite a few
>questions about the vstserver privately.

IIRC the problem was with WINE, not RH9. I currently set up your system
exactly as described in my tutorial (except I forgot to mention the use
of ldconfig after installing libraries). Before that tutorial was put
on-line I erased WINE, the vstserver, and both clients, then started
fresh, following all instructions for building each part. Everything
works here under RH 9 (PlanetCCrma release). I downloaded the latest
WINE sources yesterday and will soon try it out too.

Btw, I note that closegui in PD doesn't work, the VST plugin GUI stays
on screen until an explicit kill. Have you seen this happen ?

Best,

== dp