[PD] logo or icon?? (my opinion)

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Oct 22 21:19:26 CEST 2003

As I somehow started this thread, I want to throw in some thoughts too.

First, instead of sending logos to the mailing lists, we should
really collect them on the pure-data side (I still use pine, and its
not setup to view images !).

Then as it is a contest, I think it does not make too much sense
to make restrictions. If someone thinks it can only be black and
white and one should see the pixels ... ok.

People can submit the logos together with their reasoning why they made it
this way and why it is the best of all, the only thing that we would have
to do at end somehow together is to agree on one ...

I think the best way is that some one (hc ?) makes an official like
description how to submit the logos (deadline in two weeks or so),
then we make preselections and go together through the decision process.

It would be nice if the outcome would be other artwork too, like
pd-backgrounds, pd-shirts, pd-mugs, pd-underwear, etc aso ..

Guenter