[PD] logo or icon?? (my opinion)

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 23 01:42:23 CEST 2003

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 03:55:11PM -0400, Nicholas Colvin wrote:
> Yes, but most of what we've seen have been screen captures that were
> then brought into pixel editors for clean-up/modification i.e. not
> produced with pd, but pictures of pd. I think many have been quite
> attractive and usable as a program icon, but I am still not impressed by
> the idea of a pd screen capture as a logo per se.

It doesn't have to be impressive, and that's the whole point. Pd has a
very basic interface, and people using pd care more about its
functionalities than its look. Branding doesn't always depend on shiny
graphics; if the logos and icons are designed to be impressive, there's a
high risk that a bunch of clueless newbies will complain about pd's look.
So we should keep it simple, to the extreme. We love screen captures...
--
Marc