[PD] Newbie with some questions (notably [block~ 1])

pix pix at test.at
Thu Oct 23 04:58:24 CEST 2003

a trick i use for doing sample-level prototypes (normally you would always
be better off making an external) is to use a [bang~] connected to a
[64(->[until]->[counter] (where counter is the common [f ]x[+ 1]
arrangement). you then use the output of the counter as an index into a 64
sample array, which is being played using [tabreceive~]. don't forget to
zero the counter at each frame too.

another way is to use the [pack~]->[repack 1] and [unpack~] objects from
zexy to get hold of the sample data as a sequence of float messages (do
your work between the repack and unpack).

pix.