[PD] PDP vs Gridflow

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Sat Oct 25 04:33:01 CEST 2003

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Yves Degoyon wrote:
>

>>recently, a video artist also told me : "mm, jitter, yeh, that's about
>>doing abstract math with images but i don't actually need to do that"
>>( and me neither ) so i don't think i'll go that way...
>>but, it's good to have different and complementary tools...
>>

>>so, stop the war.
>>

>War?
>
>What are you talking about?

i think you spend a lot of time explaining why Gridflow is better than
the rest,
and because it uses abstract types is not a good reason for me...

well, what about spending this time actually improving Gridflow?

we had so many mails explaining how Gridflow was so very well designed,
sorry, i tried it once and thought that wasn't fitting any of my needs.

i'm actually looking for a video package that would be able to play 7
videos
with an acceptable frame rate, do you think Gridflow can do this ?
for now, i try to optimize PDP for being close to doing that
( but that xvideo thing is slow ).

cheers,
sevy