[PD] efficient cos calculation in externals?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Oct 26 23:11:36 CET 2003

I think the answer is no, but is there a globaly available efficient cosine
routine in Pd?

I see that the 512 byte cosine table used by "cos~" is exported in m_pd.h, but
this size is too small to use without interpolation, and the intperpolation
method used by cos~ seems a bit tricky and isn't made globaly available.

A quick grep through the externals shows that some people just call the
functions in math.h, and others build their own lookup tables. Is this the
case?

Larry Troxler