[PD] pdp, pidip, gridflow compile for win?

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Wed Oct 29 16:33:44 CET 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Thomas Grill wrote:

> > well, i just said i wouldn't make the effort,
> > of course, it would be welcome
> > if someone would ...
>
> As much as i know of PDP is that there is a generic part (a data
> processing kernel), matrix transformation stuff and more
> system-specific io and library depending parts.
> The first two parts should be quite easily portable, shouldn't they?

true. image processing stuff should be portable. matrix processing is
libgsl. opengl is separate, but should be portable too.

> Maybe Tom can comment on it.
> For my part (for VASP) i'm only interested in these... the more
> platform-specific things could follow later.

it could be done step wize indeed. pdp core is simple and portable,
there's just a lot of nonportable legs sticking out at the side, but these
could be skipped at first.. and there's always the hard work that has gone
into gem that could be used as a cheat sheet.

> By reading the developer docs i see that there are plans for a PD
> independent library and a PD interface... that would be exactly what i
> need and what would be required for a good Windows port.

this separation is almost finished design-wize. i just need to port a lot
of code to the other side of the fence.

tom