[PD] Re: [PD-dev] (no subject)

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 30 20:29:58 CET 2003

On Mandrake, the rpms from Thac's repository may work:
http://rpm.nyvalls.se/9.1/RPMS/pd-alsa-jack-extended-0.36-1thac.i586.rpm
http://rpm.nyvalls.se/9.1/RPMS/pd-alsa-jack-extended-devel-0.36-1thac.i586.rpm

The binary rpms depends on tcl/tk 8.4, which I don't recommend on 9.1
(I don't know about 9.2, but I was never successful with tcl/tk 8.4)
It it doesn't work, just recompile it from the source rpm:
http://rpm.nyvalls.se/9.1/SRPMS/pd-alsa-jack-extended-0.36-1thac.src.rpm
The command to recompile would be:
rpm --rebuild pd-alsa-jack-extended-0.36-1thac.src.rpm
If it complains that the tcl/tk version is wrong, either edit the spec
file or recompile with the --nodeps option. Learning how to work with rpm
is a vital survival skill...

There's also other fine rpms for sound in that repository.
--
Marc