[PD] Re: Blockhead Me and pix_data

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Fri Oct 31 14:26:06 CET 2003

hi.

Wade McDaniel wrote:

>>Try pix_snap to grab the backbuffer and return it as an RGBA image.
>>
>>cgc
>

> OK, now I have:
> [gemhead]
> [translateXYZ]
> [pix_snap]
> [pix_data]
> [cube]
> And it still doesnt work. Could you possably send me a simple patch that tells me, for example, what color the pixel in the middle of the gem window is?

well, working with [pix_snap] is somewhat specific.
of course you have to send a "snap" message to [pix_snap] to do the
actual image-grabbing. make sure you send it at the right moment in time
(see the help-patches in gem/examples/02.advanced/) so that the
backbuffer is filled with something.

you don't need to have [pix_snap] and [cube] in one gemlist (but of
course it is valid)
again: make sure that something is drawn into the backbuffer before you
"snap" it. (probably [cube] should be somewhere before [pix_snap]...)

> Also, is there a better gem manual than the one at gem.iem.at/manual?
well, i think the example and reference patches are quite ok...

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes