Fw: [PD] Sensors

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 31 15:21:22 CET 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, derek holzer wrote:

> besides STEIM in Holland, AID in Canada is developing a DIY sensor
> platform using BASIC PIC controllers:
> http://www.interaccess.org/aid/project.html
> and for like the twentieth time now, i recommend Johannes Taelman's
> page, this time for his innovative hacking of wireless joysticks:
> http://allserv.ugent.be/~jtaelman/devel/acceleration/index.html

Also GridFlow (0.7.6: CVS) now includes a generic USB control library for
Ruby, and a very short ruby script that adds a PD/jMax/etc object class
for Delcom/Cypress CY7C63001 USB controllers and such. I've tested it by
controlling leds and a motor using GridFlow/PD/MacOSX on an iBook. (I also
made some tests on a Linux-PC).

We (Artengine) plan on eventually using that for real, by adding other
chips next to the USB controller chip.