[PD] Problems starting PD In OSX

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 1 17:33:43 CET 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Umiachi wrote:

> --- Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
> >
> > The most of the files will be installed into
> > /usr/local/lib/pd, the
> > executables are installed into /usr/local/bin.
> > There is a launcher
> > here: /Applications/Pure Data.app.  Double-click
> > that and it should launch
> > Pd.  Or from the Terminal, run /usr/local/bin/pd
> >

> Here is a shot of what I did:
>
> [12-224-175-158:~] enon% ls
> Audio                     Library
> SuperCollider Course
> BitTorrent.app            Movies
> Writings of Mind...
> Desktop                   Music                     Z
> - Tracks
> Documents                 Pictures
> download stuff
> Games                     PoisonedDownloads
> downloaded stuff
> Graphix                   Public
> overnet0.47
> Hotline Stuff             Shared
> samples
> Incomplete                Sites
> usr
> [12-224-175-158:~] enon% /usr/local/bin/pd
> /usr/local/bin/pd: Command not found.
> [12-224-175-158:~] enon% ???

It looks like Pd wasn't installed, or was installed in a different
location than default.  In OSXPM.app
(http://www.osxgnu.org/info/pkgdelete.html ), under the "Delete
Package" tab, please tell me the names of all of the packages starting
with "pd" that are installed.

> ---
>
> I also tried to click the .app file you mentioned
> before, but it doesn't actually load anything (nothing
> happens at all on a double click). Am I missing
> something obvious?

The .app file won't work without /usr/local/bin/pd working because the
.app just calls /usr/local/bin/pd.

.hc

	zen
	   \