[PD] ubumenu

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 2 10:53:00 CET 2003

I agree with "Miso Soup": PD is free, Max is not. So for me Max is
elitist and not so friendly. I started to use Max a long time ago, before
PD, because I had access to elitist facilities (a university lab and a
fancy production studio). At some point I had to get my own expensive
computer (Macintosh), without enough money to buy Max, so I borrowed a
Max floppy disk with no installation key for a few years. Then Linux and
PD started to be good enough and it was time to get a new computer; Max
on the Macintosh is actually what made me switch to free software on the
desktop, PD don't have the fanciest gui, but it's lightweight, fast and
very free. I guess we all have our views about elitism...

--
Marc