[PD] [PD](TO MARTIN) OSC begginer,havent seen any help

Adrian de Cleir 0031259 at student.ul.ie
Sun Nov 2 23:42:48 CET 2003

Im using windows, but I do plan on using linux in the future, Im using a
file called startOSC to run pd, its a ms dos batch file which I downloaded
somewhere on a messageboard,
I have changed netsend to sendOSC,and netreceive to dumpOSC, is this right?
Even if it isnt I still dont think it would work, It doesnt seem to be
recognising OSC or something.
I really am starting the use of OSC from scratch
 so any other help would be appreciated,I need this to continue my project
thanks
Adrian

pd.exe -lib OSC -midiindev 1 -open TheNetSendThing.pd
midi input enabled; warning, dont close the DOS window directly!
midiInOpen: A device ID has been used that is out of range for your system.
C:/Adrian/pd/pd-0.36-0.msw/pd
OSC: can't load library
sendOSC 1
.....couldn't create

martin wrote:
So how far do you get with it? Do you start pd with "pd -lib OSC"?
On my machine (running linux, Suse 8.2) pd starts up with this message
in the terminal window:

OSCroute object version 1.05 by Matt Wright. pd: jdl Win32 raf.
OSCroute Copyright © 1999 Regents of the University of California. All
Rights Reserved.
O  : Open Sound Control 4 PD, http://www.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OSC
  S : original code by matt wright, pd hakcs cxc, Win32-port
raf at interaccess.com
   C: ver: 0.2, compiled: Oct 31 2003

What platform are you on?

Martin