Performance organizing [Was: Re: [PD] open/closing patch]

Matthew Nish-Lapidus mattn-l at rogers.com
Tue Nov 4 00:02:31 CET 2003

i have one set of abstractions that i use for all my performance..
usually i build the patch out of those abstractions before the
performance based on how i want to play that specific show.  to account
for different songs needing different things i usually choose to
simplify/interperate the song to match the patch that i'm using.  i
don't worry too much about having the performance sounds like the
recording, as long as it's interesting and engaging then it doesn't
matter if this sound is a little different than that sound....

i do use pd exclusively for performance because of the flexibility ...
there is the occasional millisecond dropout, but that's just the nature
of electronic music performance right now.  i find on os x using the
-rt flag helps to reduce dropouts due to gui activity.

matt.