[PD] separating pd and wish

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 6 16:30:19 CET 2003

Hallo,
vanDongen/Gilcher hat gesagt: // vanDongen/Gilcher wrote:

> I love hearing about these options I didn't know existed.

Some more options that come to my mind:
Run Pd in a VNC environment. Yes, this does actually work. Or you
could run the GUI over the X protocol on a remote Xserver. Or run the
GUI local, but a streaming Pd (with e.g. oggcast~) on a remote
machine. Or use something like PDSender (Perl or Python version on
http://www.pure-data.org/community/patches) as a GUI (with only little
"G")

All this actually do not "really" seperate GUI from DSP, but they
kind of replace Pd's main GUI with another one (in some cases with the
GUI of another running instance of Pd).

ciao