[PD] ubumenu

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Nov 7 18:29:04 CET 2003

>Sad though it may be, some Mac users are unfamiliar with, and somewhat
>afraid of the command line.
>
>Stefan, you can look at the folder in the finder by using the menu item
>"Go > Go to Folder..." (Cmd-Shift-G). Enter "/usr/local/lib/pd/extra" in
>the box there and you should be fine.

On a related note: In 10.3 this option is removed in the open/save
dialogs, and instead you simply begin typing the path and a sheet
drops down.  It took me a while to discover this.

>In brief, I would recommend installing the following directories:
>/Library/Pd/Externals (populated with the .pd_darwin externals and libraries)
>/Library/Pd/Help      (with the corresponding help files and pddp
>                        files--so don't overwrite the official ones)
>/Library/Pd/Internals (an alias to /usr/local/lib/pd)
>This requires adding to the -path and -helppath command line/.pdrc, but
>it makes sense given all that you've done to make pd double-clickable.
>Very nice work!

This is a far better solution on OSX compared to /usr/ since it
actually is the way the OS is designed to be used.  There's also a
directory called Application Support/ that is expressly for this type
of thing, and it is where Max, Adobe software, and other apps using
the plugin format put 3rd party items.

cgc