[PD] Pd minimum requirements

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Tue Nov 11 19:09:08 CET 2003

hi,

actually, it should be told, if you want to do this, you need that...

non-realtime soundgeneration can be done with any cpu without soundcard,
(eg. writing the output to a file).
for realtime soundgeneration (44,1 kHz)  I would suggest 300 MHz ... and a
soundcard :-)
I dont know the borderline exactly... but I worked some years on a P1 133
and that was to slow for 44,1 kHz. 22k was ok.
maybe somebody can give details about videoprocessing also.

Marius.