[PD] Re: bug reoprt for py/pyext

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu Nov 13 23:20:18 CET 2003

Hi Thomas,

I tried to do a similar thing in 'clone', which is an abstraction cloner
that runs several instances of one abstraction (very useful for CPU
tests like the one described in my last post ;-).
Whenever one tries to reload an abstraction with a different number of
inlets or outlets Pd would need to recreate the object. This only worked
for me once: on object creation time... - When I change the abstraction
Pd does not know about this since the abstraction is completely handled
by clone. I haven't found a way to tell Pd to recreate a object box to
reflect the changes (this is only supported for abstractions). To do so
Pd would have to call functions in the object similar to the *_new() and
*_free() functions to handle the changes. May be it's possible to add
something like that to the Pd sources but I don't knwo where to start...

BTW, clone can be found here:
http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/clone/

best,
Olaf