[PD] streamin~ / streamout~ format

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 16 15:18:04 CET 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 01:37:06PM +0100, guenter geiger wrote:
> Another possibility would be to extend cstream in a way that it
> transmits format information.

Cstream is not designed specifically as a sound application, although
it can emulate a sound card. Extending it is a good idea.

> I am sorry that collaboration within the pd community doesn't seem
> to work out, otherwise we would probably have a single set of working
> multichannel streaming objects.

Let's collaborate then; I always wanted to get sound in and out of PD.
What would be the specifications of these streaming objects? How to extend
cstream? Does OSC handle sound streams, and how alsa/jack fit in this
scheme? Should we start a streaming project on the pure-data.org web site?
--
Marc