[PD] OSC Names with variable subsitution

e skogen eskogen at usfamily.net
Mon Nov 17 05:46:11 CET 2003

i've been using this technique to create abstractions that respond to
OSC commands to their given name. the abstraction has an [OSCroute $1]
object, and is instanced with [abstractionname /reference-name] where
"/reference-name" is passed as $1.

ie: [tr-606 /drums] and then any OSC commands to /pd/synth/drums get
routed there. i think it's really handy, but it might be nice to have
OSCroute a bit more dynamic. remembering to include the "/" can be a
problem for me...

eric