[PD] [OT] next Linux kernel and Hammerfall cards

d dieb13 at klingt.org
Wed Nov 19 21:19:32 CET 2003

hi hdspd-ers!

*) concerning the "too new firmware" problem: the only workaround i know
to downgrade the firmwareversion (you can only do that in windows or macOS)
*) i once got a hdsp9652 pci card with external adat-interface to work
by using alsa 0.9rc7 and fooling the driver to think  of the card as a
different one.

you will find more detailed descriptions in the howto i startet to write
a while ago:

http://pd.klingt.org/files/hdsp-howto.html

regards
d13b

Miller Puckette wrote:
> I can't get my hammerfall PCI card to work under ALSA either...  Any advice
> would be very helpful!
>
> cheers
> Miller
>
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 04:08:30PM +0100, julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net wrote:
>
>>hello
>>
>>some time ago I read that the next Linux kernel (current version is 2.4.x) will
>>originally include the latest ALSA driver as the generic sound driver (maybe
>>OSS will be abandonned)
>>
>>do you know when this kernel (2.5) is released ? I could not find any
>>information about this
>>
>>I'm very interested in this new kernel, because currently the most recent
>>Hammerfall sound cards (like mine) are not directly compatible with the ALSA
>>driver anymore (hdsploader problem, related to the RME Hammerfall PCI hardware
>>revision v1.8 and higher whose firmwares are not downgradable)
>>
>>I saw there are new versions of the ALSA driver too, but I haven't tested them
>>yet (maybe this RME problem was corrected ; I should try installing these new
>>drivers)
>>
>>On planetCCRMA, the ALSA driver is still 0.9.6, I remember the hdsp problem
>>remained with this version (there was a solution provided by Thomas Charbonnel,
>>consisting in the new hdsploader (that was NOT included in alsa-0.9.6), but I
>>didn't have the time to install it properly and now I have forgotten all
>>information about it)
>>
>>is there anyone on this list who uses a recent Hammerfall dsp sound card under
>>Linux ? when did you buy your card ?
>>

>>thanks,

>>--

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.
                 -- Groucho Marx