[PD] Gem/Pd crashing in edit mode in osx

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 21 20:05:48 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Nick Fells wrote:

> cgc at humboldtblvd.com wrote:
>
> >I have no idea where Hans gets his version of GEM from, so I have no idea how to
> >answer these questions apart from pointing you to versions that are supported.
> >
> >http://taproot.dyndns.org/~cgc/downloads/index.html
> >http://homepage.mac.com/tigital
> >http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem
> >
> >Hopefully H-C will include these in his installer at some point...

I used the GemG4 version from whenever that package was released.  I'd
like to incorporate Gem into the build system, so that Gem will be fully
included when you type: make darwin_mpkg.  There are two things needed to
do this: a way to compile Gem on MacOSX from the command line and then add
the MacOS X package making stuff to a Makefile.

I don't think I'll have time to do this for many months, but anyone is
welcome to step in. :)

.hc