[PD] Re: (That C++ is slower thing again) Re: the damned GUI - was:[PD] Pd in white on black and OSC

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Nov 23 15:16:22 CET 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Larry Troxler wrote:
> Yeah, whatever. I hope you realize that you answered some totally unasked
> question, that is completely independent of your initial assertion, namely
> that C++ is slow.

C++ can't be slower then C, because it is a superset of C, so every
line of fast code that you can write in C can be written in C++ too.

The fact that it might be easier to write slow programs in C++ than
in C might be under discussion, but its a problem of
the usage of the programming language and not a problem of the language
itself.

my 2 cents ..

Guenter