[OT] Re: (That C++ is slower thing again) Re: the damned GUI - was:[PD] Pd in white on black and OSC

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 23 23:29:08 CET 2003

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 04:52:14PM -0500, Larry Troxler wrote:
> Really? It says that for you? To me, it says that C++ adds some overhead
> (not quite the right word) which, if you were coding in C, you would
> have to add anyway.

It says that to do the same in C than in C++, it's necessary to add what's
missing in C. But it also says that C++ always call destructors even when
not necessary, and that there's ways to reduce this overhead. C++ can
certainly be as effective, fast, etc, than C, if programs are carefully
coded. We're not disagreeing. Peace and joy to C++ coders of the universe.
--
Marc