[PD] Re: [offtopic] Re: That C++ is slower thing again

Jerome Etienne jme at off.net
Mon Nov 24 16:34:32 CET 2003

no i won't enter in a war on c++ compiler, it isn't the place and
i dont have the motivation. i think it is better to work on pd
than to fight via email. personnaly i dont care about the
language used to code a gui. as i explained in my previous email,
for a gui, the different isn't noticeable.

if i had to set requirements about the gui, they would be:
- to be as readable as possible
- to be portable among all pd's plateform
- to be extendable (plugins to easily add new gui object without
  modifying the core)
- to able not to interfere with the realtime of pd
- to work (aka no bug)

ps: this is my last email on the gui subject as it seems to generate
    too much flame for me.