[PD] pdp - where is libgsl?

robcanning rscanning at eircom.net
Wed Nov 26 01:09:57 CET 2003

Thanks Jamie,

I used fink (fink commander) and installed gsl (which i think i already
did)

the install looked ok - the last couple of lines of the output read:

Unpacking gsl (from .../gsl_1.3-1_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package gsl-shlibs.
Unpacking gsl-shlibs (from .../gsl-shlibs_1.3-1_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
Setting up gsl-shlibs (1.3-1) ...
Setting up gsl (1.3-1) ...
* gsl-ref: (gsl-ref). GNU Scientific Library - Reference
install-info(/sw/share/info/gsl-ref.info): creating new section
`Scientific software'

but when i tried to ./configure again on pdp i got the same error

[Rob-Cannings-Computer:/pdp-0.12] robcanning% ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking m_pd.h usability... yes
checking m_pd.h presence... yes
checking for m_pd.h... yes
checking for sin in -lm... yes
checking for main in -lgslcblas... no
checking for main in -lgsl... no
ERROR: libgsl not found

Thanks for your help - i've just moved over from windows and this unix
stuff is still very new to me!

Rob