[PD] Models for Gem

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Nov 26 08:37:52 CET 2003

chris clepper wrote:
> At 5:50 PM -0800 11/25/03, Ken Locarnini wrote:
>
>> Are there
>> any open source freeware programs that can work with them?  Thanks,
>

> I believe Blender will output .obj files.

probably. in the future ;-(

it is definitely a problem, to create .obj-files with open-source
programs (although the format is very simple, and the parser, used by
gem, is included with the glut-documentation (so it should be well known)

i remember having written scripts that use vtk to convert between
different file-formats (like 3ds, vrml, dxf and obj)

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes