[PD] Announcing "RRADical Pd"

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sat Nov 29 02:22:21 CET 2003

Over on the Piksel list all have been talking about OMC (open media
control),
and a shared OSC namespace for all the possible effects. It's not very PD
compatible though.

I've added OSC names to my GOP abstractions as /v/[name]/[param] I did not
put in another level to group the different abtractions
/v/rotate/[name]/[param].
(I just do that stuff with naming in the patch /r? for rotate etc..)

I have been using these OSC names interally as well, to control things
programatically at the same time as through the GUI. These have the same
names without the /v/ part (I was having feedback loop issues!)

It would be pretty cool if these Gem GOP controls could be compatible
with the audio stuff... (over network or locally)...

as the sound position changes the cube rotates.. (over-simplistic!)

I've put my current version of gem abstractions on pure-data:

http://www.pure-data.org/Members/bbogart/v_abstractions2/view

Pay most attension to the abstractions named v_* I included some early
examples. I'm also open to critisisms as it comes to my usage of OSC,
since I have made it impossible to send OSC controls that go beyond the
scale of the GUI objects... (because I want the GUI to update based on
the OSC commands)

I'll put this stuff in CVS as soon as I can.

Ben