[PD] Advice on PD/Flash Usage

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sat Nov 29 02:43:11 CET 2003

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 12:53:25AM +0000, Pall Thayer wrote:
> I've done a bunch of stuff with PD and Flash at first using PHP scripts to
> send data to PD but now I have a project that utilizes flashserver. It's a
> very open project and you can find some informative files to help you get
> started with Flash and PD:
>
> http://130.208.220.190/panse
>
> There's even a .fla file that has all the socket stuff already prepared. You
> can't do this sort of thing without knowing quite a bit about ActionScript.

I've also done a Flash frontend, but I used the Ming library instead of
the Flash application: http://ming.sourceforge.net/ It works only with
Flash 5 ActionScript, but it's enough for many projects, and everything
can be authored on Linux with free software (except for the Flash plugin,
of course...)
--
Marc