[PD] re: state saving

David NG McCallum d at mentalfloss.ca
Sat Nov 29 23:22:03 CET 2003

I'll let Frank tout the benefits of pool...

But as for my current situation, it uses arrays of numbers and ... er,
textfile, I think, to store the values. In each patch that I create
(that is the master patch, not the abstraction) there is some sort of
control subpatch. Every time an abstraction is loaded it queries the
master subpatch for a settings file based on the abstraction's
parameters. The master subpatch then looks for that file in the path of
the patch.

Likewise when an abstraction saves it sends its data to the master
subpatch, who then saves that data in a file in the patch of the parent
patch.

I've got these in my mccallum_abstractions in the downloads section of
http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta. But it's unbelievably needlessly
complicated... Nontheless, it works. Still waiting to give it an
overhaul with pool, though...

David
.
. David McCallum