[PD] installing and running/using pd/pdp/pidip/gem on panther

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Sun Nov 30 01:10:29 CET 2003

At 9:00 PM +0000 11/29/03, Gon Zifroni wrote:
>my config = latest 15" + jvc grdv3000 on FW400 (recognised no prob
>in standard apps, but when using jit.qt.videoout -demo- it does
>indeed sort of freezes or so.. I will try fw vid capture in jit demo
>just to check.. si ça peut aider..)

I haven't had any trouble with DV cameras and pix_video in 10.2, but
I haven't tested any in 10.3.  Which OS are you using?

Another thing to try is an Apple sample code called HackTV, which can
be found here:
http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Sample_Code/QuickTime/Capturing/HackTV_Carbon.htm

Let me know if that works or not, and I can check the GEM code
against that since the SequenceGrabber section is almost exactly the
same.

cgc