[PD] physical modeling objects for pd

tigital at mac.com tigital at mac.com
Mon Dec 1 17:40:40 CET 2003

On Sunday, November 30, 2003, at 05:02  PM, Cyrille Henry wrote:

> hello,
>
> I have made a serie of objects for physical modeling with pd.
> The object send Data but NO AUDIO.
>
> the aim is to generate data for the control of an audio synthesis
> and/or video synthesis...
> it's just like http://www.sodaplay.com/ for pd.
>
> I upload sources + object for windows and linux + exemples here :
>
> http://drpichon.free.fr/pure-data/physical-modeling/
>
> you nead all the object for testing the exemples.
> (I'll make a lib later...)
>
> I'll be very happy if someone can compile them on OSX (sould be easy :
> no dependancy)

...I've uploaded an archive named "physical_modelingOSX.v.0.01.sit"
with source, examples, and precompiled OSX binaries to my site:

http://homepage.mac.com/tigital

> any question / comment / etc are welcome.

...uh, all I can say is: WOW!!!!  Damping algorithms have been on my
todo list for soo long re: newWave/ripple, and now you plop down a
whole bunch of very flexible stuff that go far beyond simple additions
to a GEM geos ;-)

...I really like the example patches, too; but I think you'll need to
create some detailed help patches...I'm still trying to figure out how
the collision detection is working in example "08_non_lineaire2.pd"...

thanx,
jamie